Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Making Magazine

Over the last few months I've been really disappointed with the number of magazines which have been closed down or taken out of circulation - Workbox seems to be the latest casualty with Classic Stitches the one before that - a real shame as they were both really solid publications which had (certainly in the case of Workbox) been around for years.   I guess it is a case of economic issues and also a movement towards more online advertising, but I'm still really sorry to see them go. RIP to both of them.


However on the brighter side some are now starting up and I wanted to let you know how much I liked the one that has just been sent to me. It's called MAKING and is from the same stable as Craftsman, but with a much more upbeat, modern twist.  Maybe a little simplistic for very experienced needleworkers, but still a great source of ideas and suppliers.  I loved their paper dress project - photo shown.  You can find them HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment