Thursday, 29 March 2012

Return from Poland

Gosh - what a busy week!  Returned from a 5 day break in Krakow on Tuesday night and have spent the time since trying to catch up with all the emails and messages.

Having said that, it was well worth it.  I really only wanted to go to visit Auschwitz - a long held ambition of mine - which was so moving its hard to put into words.  However the city itself is really well worth a visit and I was very impressed with it.  We spent a wonderful day wandering around the Kazimierz district (where parts of Schindler's' List were filmed) and I was so taken with the aging architecture and especially the wonderful graffiti that I think I'll try to base some embroidery on it.......  A couple of snaps below:



1 comment:

  1. great photos Gail,hope you enjoyed.Its also on my list of places to go,maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete